Answers is a mobile app analytics service which is a part of Fabric developer platform by Twitter. It provides real-time information of various app usage metrics.
This free version includes following Answers events:
- Add To Cart
- Level End
- Level Start
- Sign Up
- Start Checkout
How to use
- Open a new project
- Import ‘PlayMaker’ from Unity > Window Menu > Asset Store > Import
- Install ‘PlayMaker’ from Unity > PlayMaker Menu > Welcome Screen > Install PlayMaker > Import
- Create a free account at https://www.fabric.io
- After sign in, download fabric unity package from: https://fabric.io/downloads/unity
- Double click the downloaded ‘Fabric.unitypackage’ and import it into your Unity project
- Install Fabric from Unity > Fabric Menu > Prepare Fabric > Sign in with your credentials
- Click “Crashlytics” button > Install > Import > Apply
Import PlayMaker actions for Fabric Answers:
- Install ‘PlayMaker actions for Fabric Answers’ from Unity > Window Menu > Asset Store > Import
- To view Fabric actions go to Unity > PlayMaker Menu > Editor Windows > Action Browsers > Fabric
View activities in real time:
- Build & Run the project on an iPhone or an Android real device, simulator won’t work.
- Tap few buttons on your device.
- Now sign in at Fabric https://www.fabric.io
- On you dashboard, click the “Fabric Answers” from you apps list
- By default it will open “Crashlytics”
- Click “Answers” button from left side kits list
- If you don’t find it there, install ‘Answer’ kit from here: https://fabric.io/kits
- From left side “Answers” kit, you will be able to view user interaction with the project in real time.
- Double click & open ‘Fabric Answers Demo’ scene from your ‘Assets’
- Open PlayMaker editor from Unity > PlayMaker Menu > PlayMaker Editor
- Select ‘GameManager’ GameObject from Hierarchy window, you will find states in PlayMaker Editor that has various fabric answers actions.
- For example, click “Purchase” state, you will find “Fabric Answers Purchase” actions which sends item info & price when user tap Purchase button.
How to add a new action:
- Create a new state on GameManager : FSM
- Open action browser > Fabric > Double click an action that you want to add for that state.